Here are some Brereton Family resources:
1. The Story of Brereton Hall Cheshire, by Arthur Lowndes
Moir, 2nd Edition - January 1949.
2. Brereton, A Family History, by John Brereton, 1919.
This is available on the www.archieve.org site.
Click this link.
3. The Breretons of Carrigslaney, Co., by Patrick Montague-Smith,
pages 10-26 in "The Irish Ancestor" magazine Issue No.
4. The Brereton Story, Cheshire to Australia, 1852-1983,
compiled by Elva Masters.
5. Anciente Whispers, A brief History of Thirty-one generations
of the Breretons, A Great Landed Cheshire Family, by Anthony Salusbury
6. A comparative study of the Brereton's of Wisconsin and the
Brereton's of South Africa, a thesis by Anne Coltman, Sept
1977 - May 1979.
7. The Story of Brereton Hall, Cheshire by A. L. Moir,
2nd ed. published in Chester by Phillipson and Golder, 1949, includes
brief pedigree from 12-18th century.
8. The Brereton's of Cheshire 1100-1904, by Robert Maitland
Brereton M.I.C.E. of Woodstock, Oregon Published by the Irwin-Hudson
Company Portland, Oregon 1904.
9. A Memoir of the Brereton Family, with occasional notices
of certain other of the old Cheshire families, by Sir Fortunatus
Dwarris, published by J. B. Nicholas and Son, 1848.
10. Observations upon the history of one of the old Cheshire
families, by Fortunatus Dwarris, Archaeologica, 33, 1850, 55-83.
11. The Families of Brereton by John Hewitt, Cheshire
Sheaf, 3rd series, 27, 1934, 12-150, and also 31, 1937, 61-92.
12. On Handford Old Hall, in Cheshire, formerly the residence
of the ancient family of Brereton, with an account of Cheadle Church,
in that county, and of the monuments to the Breretons in it,
by Richard Brooke, Transactions of the Historic Society of Lancashire
and Cheshire, 2, 1850, 41-54.
The Brereton's of Cheshire 1100-1904, by Robert Maitland Brereton M.I.C.E. of Woodstock, Oregon Published by the Irwin-Hudson Company Portland, Oregon 1904. Here's a link to the book.
Old Cheshire Families and their Seats, by
15. Book about Barnard Castle in County Durham.
16. Jeanie Atkins' "The Breretons from Ireland".